Dr. Tamara Đorđević
Senior Research Associate
- 10/2001 Dipl. Ing. in Mineralogy and Crystallography with honours (GPA 9.71/10.0), Faculty of Mining and Geology, University of Belgrade
- 06/2005 Ph.D. in Mineralogy and Crystallography with honours (GPA 1.0/1.0), Institute of Mineralogy and Crystallography, University of Vienna
Scientific and academic positions
- Research Associate, 07/2007 Faculty of Mining and Geology, University of Belgrade
- Senior Research Associate, 03/2013 Faculty of Mining and Geology, University of Belgrade
- Research Associate (Junior PostDoc), 01/2007 Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography and Astronomy, University of Vienna
- Senior Research Associate (senior PostDoc), 10/2012 Faculty of Earth Sciences, Geography and Astronomy, University of Vienna
- Single-crystal X-ray diffraction (structure solution and refinement; twinning)
- Crystal chemistry of secondary oxysalt minerals and inorganic oxysalts, particularly arsenates, phosphates, vanadates; behaviour of solid-solution series; behaviour of cations with a lone electron pair (e.g., As3+, Bi3+)
- Crystal growth (hydrothermal/ionothermal synthesis of inorganic oxysalts and micro- and mesoporous compounds using conventional and microwave heating)
- Environmental Mineralogy (mineralogical investigations of the solid mine waste material; application of ionic liquids in extraction and separation of metals)
- Solid-state chemistry (structure-property relationships, magnetic materials)
- Raman and infrared spectroscopy (spectroscopy as supporting method in structure determination; short hydrogen bonds in minerals and synthetic inorganic materials)
- 3/2014 – 9/2014 Applied Mineralogy II, University of Vienna (in English and in German)
- 9/2013 – 2/2014 Material Science for Mineralogists, University of Vienna (in German)
- 9/2013 – 2/2014 Methods of Synthesis in Mineralogy, University of Vienna (in German)
- 9/2007 – 2/2008 Mathematical Crystallography, University of Vienna (in English)
- 1/2006 – 6/2006 Hydrothermal Synthesis, University of Belgrade (in Serbian)
- 2007-present Supervising Diploma, Ph.D. students and guest scientists
Selected references (from 2011)
- Đorđević, T., Wittwer, A., Jagličić, Z. and Djerdj, I. (2015): Hydrothermal synthesis of single crystal CoAs2O4 and NiAs2O4 compounds and their magnetic properties. RSC Advances, 5, 18270-18278.
- Đorđević, T. and Karanović, Lj. (2014): A new anion-deficient fluorite-related superstructure of Bi28V8O62. J. Solid State Chem., 220, 259-269, DOI: 10.1016/j.jssc.2014.09.010.
- Đorđević, T. and Kolitsch, U. (2013): Five-coordinate Cd in the crystal structure of triploidite-type Cd2(AsO4)(OH). Mineral. Pet., 107, 243-251, DOI: 10.1007/s00710-012-0235-5.
- Stojanović, J., Đorđević, T., Karanović, Lj. (2012): Structural features of two novel alluaudite-like arsenates Cd1.16Zn2.34(AsO4)1.5(HAsO4)(H2AsO4)0.5 and Cd0.74Mg2.76(AsO4)1.5(HAsO4)(H2AsO4)0.5. J. Alloys Compd., 520, 180-189, DOI: 10.1016/j.jallcom.2012.01.002.
- Đorđević, T. (2011): Ba(ZnAsO4)2×H2O, a non-centrosymmetric framework structure related to feldspar. Eur. J. Mineral., 23, 437-447, DOI: 10.1127/0935-1221/2011/0023-2100.